If you will travel to the Philippines, you have to be familiar with the exchange rate so that you will know the value of your money here. Also listed here are the Philippine bills with examples of what you can buy with it, just to give you an idea of the value of your money.The images of Philippine bills are copied from the website of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas http://www.bsp.gov.ph with a little enhancement to make them brighter
20-Peso Bill or Dalawampung Piso
What can you buy with 20 pesos?
- 1 or 2 cups of extra rice (₱10 to ₱18 per cup)
- 2 jeepney fares (minimum fare is ₱8)
- a bottle of mineral water
- a small bottle of softdrinks
- 1 cup of instant noodles 40g
- 1-hour of internet rental in Internet cafes
- 1 lottery ticket
50-Peso Bill or Limampung Piso
What can you buy with 50 pesos?
- 1 full meal in a small restaurant or carenderia
- 1 haircut in a cheap barber shop
- 1 bottle of domestic beer
- 1.5L of soda
100-Peso Bill or Isandaang Piso
What can you buy with 100 pesos?
- 1-pc chicken meal in Mcdo, with rice, fries and softdrink
- 1 meal in a fastfood restaurant
- 180ml shampoo or conditioner
- 40ml deodorant
- 1 dozen of eggs
200-Peso Bill or Dalawangdaang Piso
What can you buy with 200 pesos?
- 1 movie ticket
- 1 meal in a pretty good restaurant
- 1 taxi ride if you're going a bit far, or 3 to 4 if you're just going near
500-Peso Bill or Limangdaang Piso
What can you buy with 500 pesos?
- 1 branded t-shirt or polo shirt